This tree with its aroma fills the northern section of the Parque del Este. It is a large tree whose trunk is decorated with brown balls and when it is in full bloom the aroma of the flowers reaches a long distance. Its scientific name is Couropita nicaraguensis and it is naturally known as Coco de Mono, Cannonball, Zapote de Mico, Paradise, Zapote de Mono. I like the photos I have taken several times and at different times of the year but especially the later series seems more interesting and expressive. Last night I received a message from a friend, Jose Luis García, with a reproduction of one of these photos via Twitter commenting a message about the smell of the flowers in the Parque del Este, to which he had replied that the photograph was mine. It gives me great joy to know that the work is being seen and admired. Little by little while I have been constructing this blog, I have strengthened the composition and the clarity of the images. The daily practice in photography and posting on the web have given strength to my artistic expression. I like being able to share the work even without knowing it is being received.
Comments