el mundo es agua
El río de los siete remolinos
(El mundo es agua)
Nadé en un río y siete remolinos me llevaron para no acabar en el mar.
Sabía que el palacio de las aguas tenía una cabeza de fuego en la arena.
Estaba hinchada por la lluvia.
Nadé en el instante, la única posibilidad del tiempo,
Disuelto y flotante como una fúnebre vasija.
Allí me quedé, habitante por siempre del río,
Fluyendo por todos los caminos hacia otra corriente
En lo profundo de la tierra.
Santos López
Los Buscadores de Agua (2000)
The seven river eddies
(The world is water)
I swam in a river and seven whirlpools carried me to not end up in the sea.
I knew that the palace of the water had a fiery head in the sand.
It was swollen by rain.
I swam at the moment, the only possibility of time,
Dissolved and floating like a funeral vase.
There I was, an inhabitant of the river forever,
Flowing through all the paths to another current
Deep in the earth.
Santos Lopez
The Water Seekers (2000)
(The world is water)
I swam in a river and seven whirlpools carried me to not end up in the sea.
I knew that the palace of the water had a fiery head in the sand.
It was swollen by rain.
I swam at the moment, the only possibility of time,
Dissolved and floating like a funeral vase.
There I was, an inhabitant of the river forever,
Flowing through all the paths to another current
Deep in the earth.
Santos Lopez
The Water Seekers (2000)




Comments