While looking for I do not what, I come across one of my journals, from 2004. Causalities of life: I find words that could be written today. It has been six years and Venezuela is in the same or worse circumstances.
Tuesday, March 2, 2004: There is no life. We stay home. The social and political chaos persists. Especially on our side of the city. The National Guard disproportionately attacks civil society. An injustice that humiliates the country. I can not understand the support of some friends, who are conscious, to the government. How can you justify this excessive attack with firearms that damage and destroy the human being? We are outraged. How can we not react with anger? Anger has exploded beyond measure. On the streets you can feel it and they insist in differentiating that everyone of us who protests and disagrees with the approach of the Chavez government, that we are criminals, stateless. Why not call an election? What pride and arrogance of power is there that does not allow them to see that there is a large group of people from the same country who do not want and do not accept this as their government?
Comments