Louise Bourgeois: the spider ceases its weaving, for now

Hoy rindo homenaje a la obra y creación de Lousie Bourgeois porque hace unos días murió después de un infarto al corazón. Tomé estas imágenes en los espacios que abren el Leeum Museum en Seoul, Corea del Sur en julio del 2009. Siempre me impresionó la obra de la Bourgeoise y celebro que haya podido vivir y crear hasta cumplir los 98.
"La Araña es una oda a mi madre", dijo Bourgeois en 2008, cuando tenía 95 años de edad. En otra ocasión: "Ella fue deliberada, inteligente, paciente, suave, pulcra y útil como una araña. Le encantaba restaurar cosas. Esa idea de la restauración y la reparación está profunda dentro de mí. "
Today I pay tribute to the work and creation of Louise Bourgeois because a few days ago she died after a heart attack. I took these pictures in the spaces that open the Leeum Museum in Seoul, South Korea in July 2009. I have always been impressed by the work of Bourgeois and I celebrate that she was able to live and create until the age of 98.
“The Spider is an ode to my mother,” said Bourgeois in 2008, when she was 95 years old. Another time: “She was deliberate, clever, patient, soothing, and as neat and useful as a spider. She loved to restore things. That idea of restoration and reparation is deep within me.”

Comments