A gift of fish

 Pleamar

Nada ansío de nada,
mientras dura el instante de eternidad que es todo,
cuando no quiero nada.

 Visita

No estoy.
No la conozco.
No quiero conocerla.
Me repugna lo hueco,
la afición al misterio,
el culto a la ceniza,
a cuanto se disgrega.
Jamás he mantenido contacto con lo inerte.
Si de algo he renegado es de la indiferencia.
No aspiro a transmutarme,
ni me tienta el reposo.
Todavía me intrigan el absurdo, la gracia.
No estoy para lo inmóvil,
para lo inhabitado.

Cuando venga a buscarme,
díganle:
"se ha mudado".

 High tide

Nothing I long of nothing,while the instant of eternity lasts, that is everything,when I want nothing.
Oliverio Girondo
Visit
 
I am not here. 

I do not know her.
 I do not want to know her. 
I hate the hollow, 
the love of mystery,
 the worship of ashes,
 to everything that disintegrates. 
I have never had contact with the inert. 
If anything, I have denied indifference. 
I do not aspire to transmute, 
nor the rest tempts me. 
Still the absurd intrigues me, the grace.
 I am not for the immobile,
 for what uninhabited.

When she comes to fetch me,

 tell her: 
"He has moved."

Oliverio Girondo (1891-1967)

Comments