hoy es tu día, Sixto Méndez
Hoy es el cumpleaños de mi papá, Sixto Méndez (Maracaibo,1917- Caracas, 2005). Le rindo este homenaje con imágenes de algunos momentos de su vida desde Buenos Aires, Caracas y Houston. Si a alguna persona le debo yo mi naturaleza de ser es a él: callado, bohemio, creativo, sanador, de buen corazón y temeroso, a veces, con la vida. Así, también, soy yo. Con mi tía Ligia Méndez, ángel también, y Nayarí Castillo, mi hija, le agradecemos ser uno de nuestros angelitos de la guarda.
V
A veces caigo en mí, como viniendo de ti,
y me recojo en una tristeza inmóvil;
como una bandera que ha olvidado el viento.
Por mis sentidos pasan ángeles del crepúsculo
y lentos me aprisionan los círculos nocturnos.
Venimos de la noche y hacia la noche vamos.
Escucha. Yo te llamo desde un reloj de piedra,
donde caen las sombras, donde el silencio cae.
Vicente Gerbasi
Mi padre el inmigrante (1942)
V
Sometimes I fall on myself, as coming from you,
and gather myself into an immovable sadness;
as a flag that has forgotten the wind.
Through my senses twilight angels pass
and slowly the night circles imprison me.
We come from the night and into the night we go.
Listen. I call you from a stone clock,
where the shadows fall, where silence falls.
Vicente Gerbasi
My father the immigrant (1942)
Sometimes I fall on myself, as coming from you,
and gather myself into an immovable sadness;
as a flag that has forgotten the wind.
Through my senses twilight angels pass
and slowly the night circles imprison me.
We come from the night and into the night we go.
Listen. I call you from a stone clock,
where the shadows fall, where silence falls.
Vicente Gerbasi
My father the immigrant (1942)
Today is my father's birthday, Sixto Méndez (Maracaibo, 1917 - Caracas, 2005). I pay this tribute with images of some moments of his life from Buenos Aires, Caracas and Houston. If I owe anyone my nature of being is to him: quiet, bohemian, creative, healer, good-hearted and fearful, sometimes, with life. I am like him. With my aunt Ligia Méndez, an angel too, and Nayarí Castillo, my daughter, we are grateful to him for being one of our little guardian angels.









Comments