reconocimiento


 Reconocimiento

Me veo frente a este paisaje parecido al que protejo.
No soy el mismo. Debo comprenderlo de una vez. He de encajar en mi molde.

He acechado la aceptación súbita de mi realidad.
Despedí la poesía que se cuelga de los brazos.
Incendié los testimonios falaces.
Adopté la forma directa.

Una convergencia prospera en mí. 

Abandono mi caminar intrincado. Me dilato en vastedades blancas. Sirvo en silencio a un solo rey.

Con huesos de ave violento los espacios cerrados.

He sentido ráfagas de otra región sin culpa.

Me hago a la lentitud, al gesto consciente, al rumor del desierto.

Falsas Maniobras (1966), Antología
Monte Ávila Editores, Caracas (1996)
Recognition

I am against this landscape similar to the one I protect.
I am not the same. I must understand at once. I must fit into my mold.

I stalked the sudden acceptance of my reality.
I dismissed the poetry that hangs from the arms.
I set fire to the false testimonies.
I adopted the direct way.

A convergence thrives in me.

I abandon my intricate walk. I dilate on white expanses. I serve in silence a single king.

With bird bones I violate enclosed spaces.

Without guilt I have felt gusts from another region.

I go slowly, to the conscious gesture, to the murmur of the desert.
Rafael Cadenas
False Maneuvers (1966), Anthology
Monte Avila Editors, Caracas (1996)

Comments