una isla
Una Isla
Vengo de un reino extraño,
vengo de una isla iluminada,
vengo de los ojos de una mujer.
Desciendo por el día, pesadamente.
Música perdida me acompaña.
Una pupila
cargadora de frutos
abandonados
se adentra
en lo que ve.
Mi fortaleza,
mi última línea,
mi frontera con el vacío
ha caído hoy.
Una Isla (1958)
Antología Poética
Monte Ávila Editores Latinoamericana, Caracas (1996)
An Island
I come from a strange realm,
I come from an illuminated island,
I come from the eyes of a woman.
I descend during the day, heavily.
Lost music accompanies me.
A pupil
carrying abandoned
fruits
enters into
what it sees.
My strength,
my last line,
my boundary with the void
has fallen today.
Rafael Cadenas
An Island (1958)
Anthology of poems
Monte Avila Latin American Editors , Caracas (1996)
I come from a strange realm,
I come from an illuminated island,
I come from the eyes of a woman.
I descend during the day, heavily.
Lost music accompanies me.
A pupil
carrying abandoned
fruits
enters into
what it sees.
My strength,
my last line,
my boundary with the void
has fallen today.
Rafael Cadenas
An Island (1958)
Anthology of poems
Monte Avila Latin American Editors , Caracas (1996)


Comments