significant landscapes::pasajes significativos
Two more of Six Significant Landscapes
III
I measure myself
Against a tall tree.
I find that I am much taller,
For I reach right up to the sun,
With my eye;
And I reach to the shore of the sea
With my ear.
Nevertheless, I dislike
The way ants crawl
In and out of my shadow.
IV
When my dream was near the moon,
The white folds of its gown
Filled with yellow light.
The soles of its feet
Grew red.
Its hair filled
With certain blue crystallizations
From stars,
Not far off.
I measure myself
Against a tall tree.
I find that I am much taller,
For I reach right up to the sun,
With my eye;
And I reach to the shore of the sea
With my ear.
Nevertheless, I dislike
The way ants crawl
In and out of my shadow.
IV
When my dream was near the moon,
The white folds of its gown
Filled with yellow light.
The soles of its feet
Grew red.
Its hair filled
With certain blue crystallizations
From stars,
Not far off.
Wallace Stevens (1879-1955)
Harmonium (1923)
Faber and Faber, Londres (2001)
Dos más de Seis Paisajes Significativos
III
Me mido
Junto a un árbol alto.
Descubro que soy mucho más alto,
Porque alcanzo directamente el sol,
Con mis ojos;
Y alcanzo la orilla del mar
Con mis oídos.
Sin embargo, no me gusta
El modo en que las hormigas se arrastran
Dentro y fuera de mi sombra.
IV
Cuando mi sueño estaba cerca de la luna,
Los blancos pliegues de su vestido
Se llenaron de luz amarilla.
Las plantas de sus pies
Enrojecieron.
Su pelo se cubrió
De ciertas cristalizaciones azules
De las estrellas,
No muy lejanas.
Wallace Stevens (1879-1955)
Harmonium (1923)
Versiones de Jonio González
Versiones de Jonio González
Faber and Faber, Londres (2001)





Comments