something I've not done::algo que no he hecho

 Something I've not done

Something I've not done
is following me
I haven't done it again and again
so it has many footsteps
like a drumstick that's grown old and never been used

In late afternoon I hear it come closer
at times it climbs out of a sea
onto my shoulders
and I shrug it off
losing one more chance

Every morning
it's drunk up a part of my breath for the day
and knows which way
I'm going
and already it's not done there

But once more I say I'll lay hands on it
tomorrow
and add its footsteps to my heart
and its story to my regrets
and its silence to my compass

 Algo que no he hecho

Algo que no he hecho
me persigue
una y otra vez he dejado de hacerlo
es por eso que tiene tantas huellas
como un bastón que ha envejecido
sin que nadie lo usara

A la hora del crepúsculo lo siento acercarse
sale a veces del mar
se me sube a los hombros
me lo quito de encima
perdiendo otra ocasión

Cada mañana
se ha bebido ya parte
de mi aliento diario
y sabe adónde me dirijo
y allí me espera pendiente todavía

Pero me digo una vez más me pondré a ello
mañana
y añado a mi corazón el ritmo de sus pasos
a mis culpas su historia
su silencio a mi rumbo


Comments