mi dolor está ungido de universos::my pain is anointed with universes

MI DOLOR ESTÁ UNGIDO DE UNIVERSOS

Yo, la que anhela un cielo en la garganta,
yo, la secreta, la imposible risa,
dominando mi pulso que adelanta
el ritmo de las horas con su prisa.


La que entierra sus sueños y levanta
sobre sus sueños una cruz de brisa,
la irremediable, la que canta y canta
y en su canto de hierbas se eterniza.

Miradme bien que vengo herida de astros.
Traigo el secreto de una voz antigua
e impasibles memorias de alabastros.

¡Mi dolor está ungido de universos!
ay imposible en vida tan exigua,
daros la eternidad con estos versos…

Humana dimensión
Juan Mejía Baca & P.L. Villanueva Editores, Lima, Perú (1956)
 My pain is anointed in the universe

I, the one who longs for a sky in the throat,
I, the secret, the impossible laughter,
dominating my pulse that pushes forward
the rhythm of the hours with its haste.

The one who buries her dreams and raises
on her dreams a cross of breeze,
the irremediable, the one who sings and sings
and in her song of herbs eternalizes herself.

Look at me well that I've been hurt by stars.
I bring the secret of an old voice
and impassive alabaster memories.

My pain is anointed with universes!
oh impossible in such a meager life,
give yourself eternity with these verses ...

Matilde Mármol
Humana dimensión
Juan Mejía Baca & P.L. Villanueva Editores, Lima, Peru (1956)

Comments